Campus Mental Health
The Indian academic environment is stressful, and Indian parents have high expectations from their children. The situation has worsened due to grade inflation and increased competition. While it’s unclear whether this mad scramble improves students’ performance, there is evidence to show that it worsens performance anxiety.
In 2016, 40 percent of respondents to a Lokniti – Centre for the Study of Developing Societies survey reported experiencing depression. A 2018 Lancet Global Health Study Report found that suicide is the second leading cause of death among Indian youth aged 15 to 29. National Crime Records Bureau data back up this finding: an average of one student in India commits suicide every hour.
Students at all levels are desperately in need of mental health support to cope with the stressors of academic life, and the burden of being alert to and caring for the students also takes a toll on faculty and staff.
HealtheMinds is here to support you, in person and online.
Whether you are a student, an educator or a member of the non-teaching staff, we recognise how overwhelming it can be to deal with the anxieties and stresses of your academic and home life which may be exacerbated by the pandemic.
We can help.
HealtheMinds has rich experience in designing, establishing and operating effective, open, safe and confidential campus mental health services for educational institutions.
Through a range of psychotherapeutic and counselling interventions, we help students, staff and faculty address and learn the skills to cope with…
- Challenges related to life transitions and change
- Uncertainty about life, career, goals and values
- Sexual orientation and gender dysphoria
- Family concerns
- Adjusting to new academic routines and patterns
- Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviour
- Academic pressure and stress
- Grief and loss
- Social isolation
- Personal relationships with friends and loved ones
- Lack of motivation, loss of concentration and focus
- Personality development
- Sexual disorders
- Suicidal ideation
- Aggression and problems with authority
- Stress, depression and anxiety
- Sleep issues
...and many more.
Our campus mental health services encompass all aspects, from setting up the delivery mechanism for counselling and therapy, to psychometric tests and assessments, from maintaining records and analytics to raising awareness and fighting stigma.
We work with you to understand your institution’s specific circumstances and background and design a campus mental health service tailored to your needs, whether on campus, at our locations, or online.
- 24x7x365 counselling support for students, staff and faculty
- Orientation and refresher workshops and webinars on mental health, coping skills and other topics of interest
- Psychological and stress assessments for incoming and enrolled students
- Organising events to commemorate Mental Health Day, World Suicide Prevention Day and others
- Managing and maintaining support forums for mental health
- Training for faculty and staff to be alert and responsive to potential mental health issues
- Customised presentation material developed in collaboration with the institution
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 hygiene, sanitation, safety and vaccination protocols
- Operational integration with institution authorities
- Confidentiality, data retention and consent compliance
- Aggregate tracking and analytics on service use, outcomes, most common and urgent issues, with recommendations on steps to improve campus wellness support
- Multi-language service by highly qualified and experienced psychologists, therapists, counsellors, career and life coaches
- Well-defined protocols for mental health emergencies, self-harm and other contingent risks