An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a work-based intervention program designed to give a company’s employees assistance in resolving personal problems that may adversely affect their wellbeing and professional performance. EAPs cover a broad range of issues including child or elder care, relationships, financial and legal problems, wellness and traumatic experiences.
Why Does My Organisation Need an EAP?
It’s simple: a happy, fulfilled employee is a productive employee, and employees’ success is the company’s success. EAPs have many benefits for both the organisation and its people:
- Reduced absenteeism. There are many reasons for employees to miss work: caring for children or elders; physical or mental illness; stress and trauma, among others. By helping employees deal with their problems and learn coping skills, companies can ensure that their people always bring their best selves to work.
- Increased productivity. It’s not the hours in the work, it’s the work in the hours. With the ability to handle their problems, and knowing that their company supports their wellbeing, employees are better able to focus on their responsibilities, stay motivated and be more creative, delivering better results.
- Positive work environment. In the battle for talent, every company wants to be the employer of choice. Creating a work environment which is congenial is a critical part of achieving that. People want to work in an organisation which appreciates them and provides the support they need to be successful despite professional challenges and stress.
- Reduced turnover. Losing good people is never great for a company. By supporting employees through difficult, stressful times, both employer and employee gain.
HealtheMinds has established and operates effective and efficient EAPs for many eminent companies. We work with you to develop onsite, online and blended models that best meet the needs of your workforce and deliver on your employee wellness goals.
HealtheMinds EAP Services
In person / Online
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
IMAGERY & VISUALISATION MEDITATION
COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY
LIFE COACHING & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
MUSIC & ART THERAPY
CASE-SPECIFIC PSYCHOTHERAPY TECHNIQUES
We can help your employees deal with...
- Adolescent & child concerns
- Bipolar disorder
- Career issues
- Exam fear
- Financial problems
- Gender equality
- Interpersonal relationships
- Intimacy issues
- Issues with authority
- Late onset stuttering & speech issues
- Low self-esteem
- Marital & family issues
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Organisational change
- Performance phobia
- Physical health
- Sexual & substance abuse
- Social anxiety
- Stress, anxiety & depression
- Work-life balance